2022-2023 Cal Poly Humboldt Catalog 
    Oct 04, 2022  
2022-2023 Cal Poly Humboldt Catalog

Leave of Absence (Educational Leave)

Eligibility and Terms

Students should request a leave of absence (educational leave) if they need to be absent from the university for a semester. All students must attend at least one term prior to requesting a leave of absence. A leave of absence maintains continuing student status. This allows students to maintain catalog rights and eligibility to enroll for the term immediately after the expiration of the leave without reapplying to the university. While on leave a student is not considered enrolled and is not eligible for any services from the university. Students will be notified of registration information and deadlines for the term they are to return to Cal Poly Humboldt via their university email address.

A leave of absence may be requested for one or two terms and may be extended for two additional terms (for a maximum of four terms) under special circumstances. Students who do not enroll in classes following the end of a leave of absence will be discontinued from the university. See Returning Students  in the Admissions section of this catalog.

Leave of absence forms for undergraduate students, as well as post-baccalaureate students pursuing a second bachelor’s degree, are available on the Office of the Registrar Forms and Policies webpage or from the Office of the Registrar (SBS 133). Forms and instructions for graduate students, including those who are classified or conditionally classified are available on the Graduate Studies website - Forms and Policies.