2021-2022 Humboldt State University Catalog 
    Jun 18, 2024  
2021-2022 Humboldt State University Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

International Studies, B.A. MAP

Year 1

Semester 1 (15-17 Units)

[1] Credit earned for math support course (MATH 3) does not count toward GE, major or graduation units.

Semester 2 (16-17 Units)

[2] If ENGL 104 was taken the previous semester take an elective, other GE or a major course in place of ENGL 103.

Year 2

Semester 3 (15-16 Units)

To Do: Study Abroad Planning and Declare Concentration

[3] Review the pre-requisites for the methodology courses selected. Take pre-requiste if applicable.

Year 3

Semester 5 (13-14 Units)

Semester 6 (12 Units)

Major (Core) Study Abroad Units: 12

You are likely to take some or all of your concentration courses while abroad and one semester of language abroad counts as two semesters taken on campus. If you are already proficient in another language you may begin a third. The study abroad location must ‘match’ the concentration. It is never too early to start planning for a study abroad experience as it requires planning both for course requirements and your financial circumstances.

Year 4

Semester 7 (14-15 Units)

[4] Select 12 units of concentration courses in consultation with an advisor. Most concentration courses will be taken as part of the study abroad.

Semester 8 (16 Units)

Major Notes

Language Development: Consult your major advisor regarding placement. All students must demonstrate proficiency in a second language (either through examination by the Department of World Languages and Cultures or through coursework) or the equivalent of 4 semesters of college-level work (up to 16 units). Language requirement may include coursework abroad which counts for two semesters taken at HSU. Students may replace Language Development with Elective courses if proficient in the target language without taking coursework. Your level of language ability may also affect the location and the timing of your study abroad.

Concentration: Take a minimum of 12 units to fulfill the concentration requirement. Most concentration courses will be taken as part of the study abroad so please check with your adviser before enrolling in any concentration course. Students should officially declare their concentration as soon as possible as it may affect the accuracy of your DARS report.