2022-2023 Cal Poly Humboldt Catalog 
    Feb 24, 2024  
2022-2023 Cal Poly Humboldt Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

English, B.A. Transfer MAP

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Major Academic Plans (MAPs)

This is a suggested two-year plan for transfer students who have earned an associate degree for transfer (AA-T or AS-T), or students who have completed 60 semester/90 quarter transferable college credits (including all lower division CSU general education areas A-F). Students may need to complete additional lower division major coursework depending on the coursework completed prior to transfer. Students who completed an associate degree for transfer (AA-T or AS-T) in a similar major are guaranteed to graduate within 60 units or less and should work closely with an advisor. See Associate Degree Transfer for  additional information, including terms and conditions of the guarantee. Consult major advisor.

Year 1 (Junior Year)

Year 2 (Senior Year)

Semester 3 (15 Units)

Semester 4 (15 Units)

  • Major (Capstone) ENGL 422 ENGL 426 ENGL 436  OR ENGL 461  Units: 4
  • Major Elective Course #3 Units: 4
  • Major Elective Course #4 Units: 4
  • Elective or Minor Units: 3

To do at Cal Poly Humboldt

  • Complete enough total units to reach the 120 minimum required for the degree.
  • Complete General Education and All-university Requirements (GEAR) including: two Diversity & Common Ground (DCG) courses [at least one must have a domestic focus (DCG-Domestic)]; 9 units upper division General Education (3 units each areas B, C and D); and any lower division GE or American Institutions (US History and US/CA Government) courses not taken prior to transfer. See Bachelor’s Degree Requirements  for additional information.

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Major Academic Plans (MAPs)